OpenMW, an attempt to reimplement the popular role playing game Morrowind.
OpenMW aims to be a fully playable, open source implementation of the game. You must own Morrowind to use OpenMW.
This version includes a reimplementation of the physics and player movement system, elevating the player from slug to hobbit status. Terrain collision and many newly-implemented GUI elements are also featured in this release. Weirdsexy has made a demo video for your viewing pleasure.
For 0.16.0 we are planning to implement many skills and attributes. If you want to help out with the project, but are unable to code, we need help discovering the formulas used for skills, magic, and attributes and also testing and confirming the ones that have been described are accurate. For more information see this forum post and this one as well.
- Reimplemented physics system/player movement
- Implemented terrain collision
- Implemented pulsating lights
- Implemented Magic Effect Bookkeeping, and Feather/Burden effects
- Implemented Book and Scroll windows
- Implemented Inventory, Container, and Trade windows
- Implemented item stacking in containers
- Implemented tooltips for items in the world, and many GUI elements
- Added faction and other information to Stats window
- Fixed Resizing arrow’s background transparency
- Fixed Stats window layout when resizing in the X direction
- Long topics in dialog window now wrap and sort correctly, and other dialogue window fixes
- Fixed terrain handling in non-predefined cells